The training “Anticipating trends in the micromobility market” aims to train mobility managers, employees and business leaders to set up a framework for reflection and action in the face of changes in the micromobility market and to provide the keys of a strategic roadmap.
Overall educational objective:
At the end of this training, the trainee is able to:
- to set the framework for the organization’s reflection and actions in the face of the evolution of the micromobility market,
- to provide the keys to placing the issue of micromobility at the center of a strategic roadmap.
Partial educational objectives
At the end of the various modules or sequences of the training, the trainee will be able to:
- Understand the cause/consequence mechanisms linked to the evolution of the micromobility market
- Define the action of the company in its ecosystem in the face of this evolution
- Present the changes in the legislative and regulatory framework in France
- Determine the levers of a strategy integrating the challenges of micromobility
- Anticipate the necessary transformations
- Onboard the entire organization with the operational deployment of the strategy
Course of the training
Presentation of the program and course of the training
Compendium of expectations
2. Understand the key figures of micromobility
- Take stock of the 2021 market
- Integrate 2022-2026 forecasts
- Understand evolution hypotheses
3. Integrate regulations and legislation into your strategic plan
4. Define the actionable levers of the micromobility market
- Understanding of the issues
- Identification of brakes and levers
- Identification of strategic and organizational implications
5. Communicate information to the teams
- Position the micro-mobility market in relation to other modes
- Defining the strategic objectives of micro-mobility
Modality and organization of the training
Duration and times of the training
Duration: 7 hours or 1 day of training
Estimated hours: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. (including one hour lunch break)
Place of training
Face-to-face within the company
Audience and prerequisites
Audience : Employees and business leaders (mobility managers, CSR managers, innovation/strategy manager, financial department, investor relations, purchasing department, communication department, etc.), as well as anyone internal or external to the company in charge of supporting and deploying strategies
Mode and time of access
This training can be accessible to people with disabilities, but given the diversity of disabilities, it is necessary to notify the training center at least 7 days before, so that it can take into account all the provisions. required.
When the agreement is signed, the training will be scheduled at least 7 calendar days later.
Teaching methods and resources
- Interrogative: The trainer will invite him to reflect on the problems encountered in practice during his activity according to his objectives
- Demonstrative: Practical tools will be sent to the trainee if necessary. The trainer will demonstrate each technique and provide an introduction to each tool.
- Active: The trainee will practice each technique and each tool after an initial demonstration by the trainer.
- Powerpoint of the results of the 2022-2026 forecast
- Computer connected to the internet
Jean Ambert CEO of Smart Mobility – certified trainer and coach
During the training, the learner’s skills will be assessed by a placement test at the beginning and end of the training.
At the end of the course, a certificate of achievement/attestation of attendance, attendance and end of training which specifies the level of achievement of the objectives of developing professional skills, will be given to the trainee.
This training is neither certifying nor diploma